Rates & Insurance
If you do not have the insurance plan that I accept or if your insurance does not cover counseling, my rate is $152 per session ($167 for the intake session) for out of pocket clients.
- Based on financial need I also consider a sliding-scale rate which will be determined on an individual basis. If this is something you need please discuss this with me prior to our first appointment.
- I provide a discount for college students who do not have one of the insurance plans I accept. Please ask about this prior to our first appointment.
In our initial scheduling conversation we will agree on a session fee before starting a counseling relationship so there will not be any surprise charges. If you are using insurance or an HSA it is your responsibility to understand your copay, co-insurance, deductible, and anything related to your coverage. If you have questions about this please contact your insurance company.
I bill the following types of insurance:
- Insurance Companies: Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, First Choice, Kaiser, Meritain, Molina, Optum, Premera, Regence, & United
- Out of Network: If your insurance plan allows you to see can Out of Network Provider you can pay up front and then I can issue you a receipt or superbills you can to give to your insurance company for reimbursement. It is your responsibility to determine with your insurance if they will reimburse you fully or partially using a receipt.
- Health Savings Accounts: You will need to confirm with your insurance that they accept therapy on your HSA card. This option is treated like a credit card payment.
It is necessary for you to inform me 24 hours prior to our session if you are unable to make it. I charge $65 for no-shows or appointments cancelled less than 24 hours before the session.